- about 1 cup or small jar of hazelnut butter
- 3/4 cup of honey (or your sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Green & Black)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 4 ounces of dark chocolate, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Combine hazelnut butter, melted chocolate, eggs, coconut oil, honey, baking soda, sea salt, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and combine well, avoiding lumps. At this point, the batter will taste like Nutella. It is criminal not to have a taste.
- Stir in chocolate chunks/chips.
- Spread into 4 3″ round baking molds (or the mold of your choice).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Check if a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. Larger pans will take longer, you want the edges dark and the center just a little bit soft.
For the topping: I have made these with or without the “frosting”. It adds just a little more decadence and another flavor. Basically just mash strawberries and mix with coconut oil or butter. Yeah, it looks sloppy, but it sure is yummy.